Monday, June 29, 2009

What a weekend!

Just Another Movie Geek Headquarters was proud this weekend to partner with Akbar Cinemas (aka my redesigned living room) to host the first annual Movie Marathon.

12 hours.
5 movies.
10 people (total spread out over the day)

Perfection was met.

Pictures of the "theater" and a more detailed review/crowd reaction of each film will follow here later this week. For now, just wanted to throw up quick post as to what we watched. The overall unifying theme to my marathon was "Fun" As it turns out (as we will review later) there were alot of unplanned but amazing sychronicity between the films.

Films: (presented in their viewing order)

Castle of Cagliostro


(one of my all time favorite Animes)


Big Trouble in Little China


(easily one of the greatest action films ever made)

The Good, The Bad and The Weird


(my new obsession film)

Iron Man


(comic book personified perfection)

Mystery Film:

????

I think I am going to reserve revealing this until the full review comes up. It was well received at the marathon so that made me very happy.


Then on Sunday, Dr. Mrs. Just Another Movie Geek and I gave the theater a second run and watched:

Galaxy Quest


Still hilarious and STILL a better Star Trek film than that recent waste of celluloid.

Outlander


Way better than its concept should have let it be. Alien Monster, Spaceman and Vikings. Really, what more could you have asked for?

The Muppet Movie


We decided to bring the Lego out and needed some back ground noise to carry us along. The film seemed like a perfect way to go.

1 comment:

  1. It was a great way to help you celebrate. :)

    The Good, the Bad and the Weird was the highlight of the marathon for me. :)

    ReplyDelete