Friday, August 21, 2009

a grave injustice has occurred....we must correct it.

Came across this last night in Wil Wheaton's blog. Spooky indeed:

(after recanting the strangeness he felt as a 12 year old promoting Stand By Me)

"I've always said that Stand By Me was so successful because Rob cast four young actors who were so much like their characters, but I think it's spooky how the four of us ended up being so much like our characters: River died too young, Corey struggled like crazy to get his personal demons under control, Jerry found success and happiness, and I'm a writer."

Wow.

And then of course I realized that I have never seen all of Stand By Me.

A child of the 80s and I have not reveled in its greatness properly. I am fairly certain I have seen every bit of the film, just never all at once in a proper showing. That will be rectified soon in a future Akbar Cinema showing.

No comments:

Post a Comment