Tuesday, October 13, 2009

One of my fellow younger co-workers was severely lacking in some classic geek cinema so I felt I was required to help set him straight.

After loaning him a few titles he came back to me today with an ecstatic grin loving what I had given him.

Film 1: The Last Starfighter

He was amazed at the level of decent CGI for being a film from the 80s and found its innocent plot to be worthy of the praise. Success!

His favorite bit?

Alex Rogan: Wait a minute. We knock out the turret to get the fighters. But to get to the turret, we gotta get THROUGH the fighters. We're dead.
Grig: I'll have it all figured out by the time we reach the Frontier.
[alarm sounds and Grig's face falls]
Alex Rogan: What's that?
Grig: The Frontier.



I will report back on his findings on the other films I have loaned him but it warms this movie geeks heart to be able to share the cinematic love.

No comments:

Post a Comment