Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Dear Martin Scorsese fans

While the 2006 film The Departed was a good film* with some great performances and won some little awards...it can't hold a candle to the brilliance of it's source material:

The 2002 Hong Kong film Infernal Affairs



Mrs. Just Another Movie geek and I gave it a viewing last night (her first, my third) and I was once again floored by its masterful creation. A gripping thriller that really kept you wondering the whole time about the duality of each character. Even Mrs. JAMG who wasn't in the mood for a cop drama when we started was enthralled by the film at the end. If you have never seen either or only seen The Departed, I highly recommend you check out the original.





*Full disclosure: I have actually not seen The Departed. Few reasons why: A. Leo isn't my favorite actor in the world. B. The original was so wonderful, I never understood the need to remake it.

No comments:

Post a Comment