Tuesday, December 9, 2008

As it is the christmas season, it's time to watch films appropriate to the season. Later on I will be posting my list of "must see" christmas movies but for now I would like to focus on one of my favorites:

Die Hard.

Easily it is one of the greatest action films ever made. It spawned its own franchise and a plethora of immitators but still today it still stands up well as great film and isn't really dated all that much....except for a few small details.

I now present: Signs your movie is stuck in the '80s.

Fact 1:
John McClane carries a gun (loaded too no doubt since he never goes for a checked bag) on a plane.


Fact 2:
Smoking... in an airport!


Fact 3:
A supporting "yuppie" character does cocaine:

I will admit this is a stretch since coke never really went away as opposed to other "period" drugs like ludes. Fuckin ludes man.

Fact 4:
Gas is 77 cents a gallon. Regular gas is still sold:

No comments:

Post a Comment