Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas films!

The snow here in Seattle has been sucking my will to live so I haven't had the desire to do much of anything at all. The misses reminded me that I wanted to do a "my favorite christmas films" list so here we go.

These films are what I consider quintesential and required films to view during the holidays. There is no "It's a Wonderful life" on this list. No "Miracle on 34th St" Nor even "How the Grinch Stole.." These are just the films that I take great joy in viewing during xmas time.

1. Die Hard
Not only is it one of the finest action films ever crafted, it also happens to be a great xmas movie! Family getting together through adversity! Foiling international Thieves! And jolly christmas tunes! (yes, Run DMC is jolly) Ok, I fully admit this only gets on the list because it takes place during christmas.

Favorite Line: Between the two FBI Agents riding in the gunship helicoptor:

Agent 1: This is just like Saigon eh Slick?
Agent 2: I was in Junior High dickhead.


2. A Christmas Story
Sure, this one is a little cliche and does get overplayed to death on TV but how can you not love this movie.

Favorite Line: oooooooooooh Fudge

3. Hogfather
This is a new addition to the list. A british production of an adaptation of the Terry Pratchett novel. Death himself takes over for the "Hogfather" (pretty much Santa) when he goes dissapearing on Hogswatch night (xmas eve) I can't do it justice here but I highly recommend it.

4. Scrooged
Yes, its just a modern take on "A Christmas Carol" but Bill Murray gives a great performance.

Favorite line: The bitch hit me with a toaster

5. The Ref
One of my all time favorite holiday films. A jewel thief hijacks a dysfunctional family while hiding out from the law. Great performances by Kevin Spacey and Denis Leary.

Favorite line: After eating the baby Jesus from a Ginger Bread Nativity scene: ugh...Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment